Established in 1876 by
A. Stewart Gooding, a Civil War veteran and Niagara County pioneer, the company
was originally housed in the Grigg Flour Mill on Race Street in Lockport, NY.
Stewart’s son, George, eventually inherited the company and handed it down to
his son, Sanford. Sanford Gooding’s son-in-law, Arthur Showalter, took over the
business during the 1950s and ran it for the next 40 years. In 1990, he sold it
to Jerry Hace, the current president, who is the first non-family member to own